Saturday, March 26, 2011

Soulja Boy Tell'em Talks About New Album, Battle With Ice-T

"Soulja Boy Tell'em wants to both scale down and upgrade his workload as producer. In the wake of his album souljaboytellem.com, the 17-year-old MC has helmed tracks for crew member V.I.C. (including "Get Silly") and recently finished a record he said will be on Bow Wow's upcoming album called Marco Polo. He's eager to make beats for more of his peers.

"I'm getting these producer checks," he said Tuesday on the red carpet of the BET Awards. "I'm sitting back in the cut. While I stop working, I'm still working."

The Atlanta native told MTV News that he's almost done with his second album but won't be producing the entire project like he did his debut.

"It's called iSouljaBoy," he revealed of the LP (which he'd previously said would be called Back to School). "The album is gonna be crazy. I got more features on there. The first album, I produced the whole album; second album I'm looking to work with different producers such as Polow Da Don. I might collab with artists such as Bow Wow and Sean Kingston."

Soulja Boy's set is due out this fall — but in the meantime, he hasn't been hurting for headlines. The youngster has been in a viral back-and-forth with Ice-T in recent days. After the rap legend said some very disparaging words on a mixtape about the teenager, Soulja Boy said he wasn't feeling the dis, and that a man of Ice's age shouldn't be shooting down a teenager via Internet video blogs. Ice responded with his own video blog, apologizing for his more explicit words (like inviting Soulja to eat a part of man's anatomy), but maintained that his young peer's music "sucks." Yesterday a cartoon appeared on the 'Net mocking Ice — and midway through the cartoon, showed footage of Ice breakdancing back in the day.

"I ain't sugar-coat nothing," Soulja said. "I ain't back down. I ain't scared of dude or nothing like that. I just told him how I felt when he spoke on me. This ain't no beef or drama. I'm 17 years old and he's I-don't-know-how-old. I was defending myself."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1589961/soulja-boy-tellem-talks-about-new-album-battle-with-icet.jhtml (Original article credit)